09 January 2007

5 top comments we recived

After a conversation a few of us where having today, we thought we put the top five comments we have got from residents and businesses when discussing Croydon and the web site.

5th Place - Shopping
This was an actual message left on one of our phones : Hello, are the shops in Croydon open this Thursday? Please can you let me know

4th Place - Flights
An e-mail from an American! "Dear sir, can you tell me where I can find details of flights etc to Croydon Airport. I am Visiting London and Gatwick seems a bit far out of the way" (We gave him the link to Croydon Airport!)

3rd Place - Opening Hours
Another message on the phone : Hello, please can you let me know what your web site opening hours are. Our Access to the Internet is cheaper after 6pm and we are inquiring that if possible you could keep it open after this time
(We really had to listing again and again at this one to make sure we had heard it right!!!)

2nd Place - Business meeting

We attend many different types of Business meetings both locally and in London. In one of the London bashes, (Advertising etc) a member noticed my badge "All about Croydon" He looked up at me and then politely asked - So, whats your website all about. erm, let me think, well, it's, erm CROYDON - Here comes the best bit - He owned an online contact lense company and he wanted me to advertise them.

1st place - The "Why am I in Business" man
When we first started talking to local business about the directory, we never thought it would be as hard as it was talking to some businesses people about using the internet to promote their business. The best one we had back is short and sweet but we will never forget it.

US - "Will you consider using us to promote your business on the Internet"

Shopkeeper - "Sorry, I haven't got access to the internet so there is no point putting my business on it"

(We left without saying anything!)

No comments: