04 December 2006

Time warp

My daughter is growing up fast and today, it made me realise how fast. Next year, she starts school and today, we had a tour around one of the local schools which happened to be where I went many years ago.

It was very strange walking back into a school that I hadn't been back to for about 30 years. I must say that it has greatly improved in look and feel but there where areas where it did feel like yesterday. Throughout the tour, and corridors, we came to the final area - the main hall. Talk about nothing changed, the same old tiles on the floor, same curtains hanging up and even the same paint on the walls (well it looked like it anyway!). Shame they didn't spend a little money on this area.

With the way the teaching goes and everything else, Hats off to those involved. The facilities and the way the teachers worked was really impressive and I just wished we had it like that all that time ago. Maybe then, I would of enjoyed being there more!

Final note goes out to another of Croydon's papers "The Guardian". In a recent blog, we picked up on a story regarding the armed robbery in a local post office in Sanderstead from the Croydon Advertiser. Well now this paper has moved it and placed it in near by "Selsdon". I really wish that some of these papers would actually go out and visit these places and get there facts right before printing things!.

No comments: